2017 Summer Fest/Field Day Sign-up, General Info & Planning

Plan for our 2017 Summer Fest and Field Day here
brentbba
Call Sign: KI6SGO

Re: 2017 Summer Fest/Field Day Sign-up, General Info & Planning

Post by brentbba » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

Realized emailing with Larry over some old but excellent light wiring in my truck he'd done that I hadn't been over here in awhile and knew Summer Fest had to be coming up! Darn!! Already have a couples twilight golf scheduled for Friday the 23rd, and outside of either sleeping in my truck or a two man backpacking tent on the ground :shock: right now I'm 'tentless' for the time being. I've sold my trailer/Globetroter tent set up and have a James Baroud RTT on order that'll be here in July.

I wish my schedule weren't so hectic. I NEED to go camping! Borregofest in the fall?

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 am

For those of you attending the OAUSA Summerfest / Field Day, the Antelope Valley Astronomy Club will be holding a star party at the Chuchupate Observing site at the end of the road leading up the McGill campground. There should be a wide variety of telescopes viewing various objects in our night sky. Most of the observers will be happy to explain their telescopes to interested members of the public let you look through them.

If you are interested in viewing through the telescopes and are arriving to the observing site after dark, please park down the hill and walk in so you don't blind everyone with your headlights. Bring a red light flashlight if possible to see your way around. Otherwise, please turn your flashlight off before nearing the observers.
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

JackM-KK6WXQ
Call Sign: KK6WXQ

Post by JackM-KK6WXQ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi all! I missed Field Day but looking forward to hearing about it on tonight's net!

Please check me in!

Jack M
KK6WXQ

Return to “2017 SUMMER FEST AND FIELD DAY (June 23-25)”