2019 Field Day Group Meal Planning

Plan for the 2019 Field Day and Summer Fest here
Jeepergeo

Re: 2019 Field Day Group Meal Planning

Post by Jeepergeo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:18 pm

12 sounds good. We got it covered...you're doing a ton already, so this is one where you will just be able to relax and enjoy.
Last edited by Jeepergeo on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAP
Call Sign: KK6DGL

Post by KAP » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Dave,
I will need the use of your Partner Stove to cook the Vegetables and possibly the Bourbon Sauce if it will be available.

Thank in advance

Kevin
KK6DGL

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Saturday Lunch

I’m planning on setting up a sandwich bar, hopefully in the shade, so people can make sandwiches to take on the trail or to make lunch whenever they are ready. Everything will be kept on ice so it doesn’t go bad. Are we planning on establishing a central eating area? The new campground is pretty spread out. It will be useful for people to know where to go to get their lunch stuff.

I need to know what time the the trail run will be leaving so I have it set up in time for people to make their lunches before they leave.

There will be a variety of lunch meat, cheeses, condiments, pickles, potato salad, and coleslaw. I’ll try to bring bread from the German bakery here in Tehachapi if I can get there while they still have anything left. Containers for the potato salad and coleslaw will be available for those going on the trail run. Please bring your own beverages.
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 pm

NotAMog wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 pm
Saturday Lunch

I’m planning on setting up a sandwich bar, hopefully in the shade, so people can make sandwiches to take on the trail or to make lunch whenever they are ready. Everything will be kept on ice so it doesn’t go bad. Are we planning on establishing a central eating area? The new campground is pretty spread out. It will be useful for people to know where to go to get their lunch stuff.

I need to know what time the the trail run will be leaving so I have it set up in time for people to make their lunches before they leave.

There will be a variety of lunch meat, cheeses, condiments, pickles, potato salad, and coleslaw. I’ll try to bring bread from the German bakery here in Tehachapi if I can get there while they still have anything left. Containers for the potato salad and coleslaw will be available for those going on the trail run. Please bring your own beverages.
Bruce

At the moment, there does not seem to be much interest in a trail run, but that may change. I think Tom put it best when he said that people don't want to be away from camp and miss the great food, appetizers, wine,coffee, and the relaxing at camp thing. If this proves to be true, there will surely be a run on your lunch table.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:19 pm

KAP wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm
Dave,
I will need the use of your Partner Stove to cook the Vegetables and possibly the Bourbon Sauce if it will be available.

Thank in advance

Kevin
KK6DGL
No problem.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

KAP
Call Sign: KK6DGL

Post by KAP » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Bruce
There will be a central eating area, probably very near my tent.

The make your own sandwiches have always gone over great. I look forward to some German bread. I may have a couple of items to add to the menu. I made a dip that I may want to bring out at lunch.
Thank you
Kevin
KK6DGL

Return to “2019 SUMMER FEST & FIELD DAY - JUNE 21-23, 2019 - LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST”