We will be offering an Amateur radio testing session for all levels at Borrego Fest. You do not have to attend Borrego Fest in order to test.
Date: Sunday, October 6, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM
Cost: $15.00 (exact cash)
Levels: Tests for all levels of Amateur Radio licensing will be offered.
Location: Camp Headquarters for OAUSA, located at:
- Campground: Tamarisk Grove Campground, sites 2,3,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,19,21,26.
- Location: Anza Borrego Desert State Park, about 7 miles from the Scissors Crossing on Highway S3 (near the junction of Hwy 78 and S3.)
- GPS coordinates (aprox): 33° 08.315 N - 116° 22.506 W
Please review the following recommendations:
All New License Candidates
Several days before the test session, go on-line and register for your FRN (FCC Registration Number). The FCC will require either an FRN or Social Security Number in order to process your license application. While we can process your application with your Social Security number, we would prefer not to do so, due to the sensitive nature of those 9 numbers. It is easy to obtain your FRN via the FCC website. Go to https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do , then click on the “Register” button and fill in the requested information. Print out the completed form, that contains your FRN number, and bring it with you to the test. On the day of the test, please bring the following:
1. A legal photo identification card.
2. Your FCC assigned FRN number or Social Security Number.
3. $15.00 cash for your testing fees. Please provide exact change, no checks, please.
All License Upgrade Candidates
Bring the above listed items as well as an original or photocopy of your Amateur Radio license. You may also print out a reference copy from the FCC Universal Licensing Service website.
If you wish, you may use a calculator. If it is programmable, you must demonstrate that all memories have been cleared.
There is enough time to prepare to either get that first license or to upgrade. Good luck!!