Plan for our 2020 Field Day and Summer Fest event here
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am
- Call Sign: K6DTK
- Location: Southern California
For as long as we have been doing our annual Field Day and Summer Fest event, it has always been one of our favorite outdoor get-aways. For the last 12 years, OAUSA has distinguished itself by the very unique approach that we take to this, and all of our events. This approach has evolved somewhat over the years, and while we have incorporated many activities into the weekends, we have never lost sight of Ham Radio, as an important part of the event.
Our uniqueness has taken the form of so many things that no other Field Day can claim, including:
- a three day event in remote mountain campsites, with great summertime weather and scenery
- an event where both 2WD and 4WD vehicles can attend, and where there are great 4WD off-road trails to explore
- Ham Radio license testing, right at camp
- world class cuisine at our Dutch Oven cook-off on Saturday evening, and outstanding group meals for all the others
- Bourbon tasting and after dinner libations
- a smorgasbord of appetizers before each dinner
There is more, but this should offer a glimpse of why we are so successful. One thing stands out about our approach - it is VERY social, and this is why we have decided to postpone or defer the event to another date. Bottom line, at least for now, is that we are cancelling our Field Day and Summer Fest event. The reasons are many, but for us to enjoy all of the benefits to which we are accustomed, we will need to wait for things to calm down.
- and, of course, a full Field Day competition
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:12 pm
- Call Sign: KK6WXQ
I truly respect the need to be careful and safe.
I understand that the field day event is postponed. Coincidentally, I will be camping that weekend at the Mt Pinos campground!I
If the campground is open, I’m there.
Love you guys!
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 am
- Call Sign: KI6SGO
- Location: South Orange County, CA
Completely understand Dave! Be safe my friend.
Voodoo Blue 57
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:41 pm
- Call Sign: W6PET
- Location: Southern California
Sorry to here that Field Day has been canceled but I completely understand with everything going on right now.
Be safe everyone and see you at the next outing.
“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” ―Ronald Reagan
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ―Ronald Reagan
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm
- Call Sign: AK6DH
- Location: Lancaster, CA
6 of us intrepid OAUSA hams made it up to Mt. Pinos for Field Day. Only 3 of us participated, all with Yaesu FT-991As! I was able to contact Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, Texas, Washington on 20M and LAX and SB on 2M. They were all happy to get my information from SJV. I couldn't get through the pileups to talk to GA, PA, and TN. It was a fun first Field Day for me.
DavidH - AK6DH
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest