Halotron Fire Extinguishers.

Camping gear, hiking equipment, vehicle equipment, kitchen and food preparation gear, etc.
wb6twl
Call Sign: WB6TWL

Halotron Fire Extinguishers.

Post by wb6twl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 pm

For the local San Diego peeps who are looking at switching from dry-chem FE's, I just bought 2 used Halotron (the replacement for Halon) F.E.'s at FIRE ETC. in San Diego. They sell all sorts of fire fighter, EMS, safety equipment (including used ambulances when they get them).

Their website (http://www.fire-etc.com) price for a NEW filled 2.5 lb Halotron FE is about $130-140 (non-chrome). I was able to get both used FE's (serviced) for $150.00! They are in very good shape, have a conical nozzle and includes a mounting bracket.

This allows me to have a backup (Two is One and One is None).

Just FYI.
Steve
WB6TWL
WQXY603

My 4x4 Ford Ranger is NOT a Jeep and it doesn't pretend to be one....It doesn't need to!

Crismateski
Call Sign: KJ6DZZ

Re: Halotron Fire Extinguishers.

Post by Crismateski » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:42 pm

If you will be at field day, would you possibly be willing to pick up one of these for me?
2006 Dodge Power Wagon @BlkWgn
Family Off The Map http://www.familyoffthemap.com
Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer

wb6twl

Post by wb6twl » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Cris,

Unfortunately, with OAUSA Summerfest being 2 counties away (3 if you count having to travel from southern San Diego Co), I won't be going to Summerfest this year. If it were in San Diego Co. or even southern Riverside Co., maybe I'd be going, but with the cost of gas here in S.D. I just can't swing it this year.

Sorry.

Steve
Steve
WB6TWL
WQXY603

My 4x4 Ford Ranger is NOT a Jeep and it doesn't pretend to be one....It doesn't need to!

wb6twl

Post by wb6twl » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 am

Well, I was finally able to pick up my two Halotron FE's on Friday. It took almost 2 weeks to get them serviced since the company that FIRE ETC uses to do hydro-testing was backlogged. FIRE ETC. went ahead and not only sent them out to have routine service and fill, they had them hydro-tested and certified (with tags) to boot! I didn't ask them for this but they wanted to make sure that the FE's were up to snuff. That's good. Now they're good for another 6 years on the hydro-test and 1 year on the Halotron agent.
Steve
WB6TWL
WQXY603

Return to “EQUIPMENT”