PSIclops tire pressure tool

Camping gear, hiking equipment, vehicle equipment, kitchen and food preparation gear, etc.
big dave

PSIclops tire pressure tool

Post by big dave » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Tirerack has them on closeout for $39, down from $79. Im considering buying one so i can adjust pressures on the trail easily. Im a big guy and i hate kneeling down for the airing down period. I hate refilling even more.

https://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out the way it lights up when the attachments are connected :)
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: PSIclops tire pressure tool

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Looks to me like you'd still have to bend down to hook it up.

I think you'd be better off, IMO, with Staun Deflators. You also have to bend down to install and remove them, but you can put them on all 4 tires at once, and drive away while the tires air down to your pre-set pressure. No need to hang around and monitor the guage for 2 tires, only to have to do that again for the other 2...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:Looks to me like you'd still have to bend down to hook it up.

I think you'd be better off, IMO, with Staun Deflators. You also have to bend down to install and remove them, but you can put them on all 4 tires at once, and drive away while the tires air down to your pre-set pressure. No need to hang around and monitor the guage for 2 tires, only to have to do that again for the other 2...
... and to add to Larry's comments, Stauns are midline price to those two prices you have listed.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

big dave

Post by big dave » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I like the Staun deflators, but the PSIclops allows you to stand up while refilling. :)
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:50 pm

big dave wrote:I like the Staun deflators, but the PSIclops allows you to stand up while refilling. :)
So does my Power Tank... but you don't fill up at the same time you air down, so I still think the Stauns will save you and your back time...

I'll have to check out the PSIclops next time we meet on the trail...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

aw12345

Post by aw12345 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 am

Smittybilt sells a copy of the staundeflators for about half the price, either way staun deflators rock once set there isn't another deflator that beats them
2006 Jeep Wrangler
2004 Jeep Wrangler

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:26 am

aw12345 wrote:Smittybilt sells a copy of the staundeflators for about half the price, either way staun deflators rock once set there isn't another deflator that beats them
The materials used in the Smittybilt (made in China) copies are NOT the same as the Staun deflators - they do not have the same quality, accuracy, or reliability...

W6LPB / WPOK492

raYGunn

Post by raYGunn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 am

I own some Staun Tyre deflators but also some Trailhead's. The Trailheads I have not calibrated but I am thinking one set for one PSI and the other for another. And different type just because I like to check things out.
97 LX450

raYGunn

Post by raYGunn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 am

I just realized this forum is in another time zone and it is later than I thought. How I can have three clocks in front of me, two of which are my actual time and pick the wrong one is beyond me. :roll:
97 LX450

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

raYGunn wrote:I just realized this forum is in another time zone and it is later than I thought. How I can have three clocks in front of me, two of which are my actual time and pick the wrong one is beyond me. :roll:
I know Orange County is another world...but another time zone ???

What did I miss ???? :o :shock:

W6LPB / WPOK492

Return to “EQUIPMENT”