Cost to be rescued

Safety gear, medical necessities, preparedness training, shelter options and personal gear and supplies.
BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Re: Cost to be rescued

Post by BlueFJ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

SteveS wrote:Here’s a story about some people using there PLB as a ‘room service’ button. :(

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2009102 ... Yuppie+911+

Some may have seen this already, it’s making it way around the net
Retards :roll:
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 am

SteveS wrote:Here’s a story about some people using there PLB as a ‘room service’ button. :(

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2009102 ... Yuppie+911+

Some may have seen this already, it’s making it way around the net
Wow, that's just stupid. People in non-emergency situations should be billed when doing that.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

Chazz Layne
Call Sign: KF7FEN

Post by Chazz Layne » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 am

Isn't there a fine and/or jail time for abusing the 911 system? Such foolisheness should be prosecuted just the same...
Chazz Laynedotcom

ssc

Post by ssc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Maybe this is off topic, but when we go to Africa, we purchase medjet. If you get injured or sick, they will come get you and transport you back to the States. If your condition is such that you must get some emergency treatment in Africa, they will transport to a Hospital and then when stable, get you to the States and the hospital of choice. I think we only pay $110. All of there airplanes are fully equiped to transport and they have bush planes to full size jets. I only know of a few people who have had to use them, but they were very thankful for the service.

Regards, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

verdesardog
Call Sign: kd7ycl

Post by verdesardog » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

In Arizona there is NO cost for a rescue conducted by County Search and Rescue or DPS teams. If they drop you off to transfer you to a commercial medevac you have to pay for the medevac....

Rescue in the Grand Canyon is different, there is a hefty cost for search and rescue there!
Retired US Navy (Viet Nam, Persian Gulf) Member of Verde Search and Rescue, Yavapai Co. Arizona.

Return to “EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS”