WARNING - Alcohol Prep Pad Recall

Safety gear, medical necessities, preparedness training, shelter options and personal gear and supplies.
DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

WARNING - Alcohol Prep Pad Recall

Post by DaveK » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:24 pm

There is a huge recall of Triad Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs, and Alcohol Swabsticks. The alcohol swabs are manufactured by the Triad Group, Inc and sold at various drug stores including Walgreens and CVS. The FDA recall notice ( http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm239219.htm) identifies the manufacturer as the TRIAD GROUP, INC. From the FDA Website:
Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs and Alcohol Swabsticks are used to disinfect prior to an injection. They were distributed nationwide to retail pharmacies and are packaged in individual packets and sold in retail pharmacies in a box of 100 packets. The affected Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs and Alcohol Swabsticks can be identified by either “Triad Group,” listed as the manufacturer, or the products are manufactured for a third party and use the names listed below in their packaging:
Cardinal Health
PSS Select
VersaPro
Boca/ Ultilet
Moore Medical
Walgreens
CVS
Conzellin
NOTE: Even though the swabs are used to disinfect prior to infection, they are included as a general disinfectant in some first aid kits, whether pre-made or for kits we custom make. Purely as a precaution, not expecting to find any Triad swabs, I checked my own first aid kit and found that all of the alcohol swabs were Triad. The Triad name appears on the front of the individual package.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

gon2srf

Re: WARNING - Alcohol Prep Pad Recall

Post by gon2srf » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Interesting. My wife will be checking the inventory at work, thanks.
http://www.ecolab.com/PublicHealth/BCereus.asp
Image_Image_Image

Return to “EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS”