2009-04: Havasu Run Feeler

Plan your runs here
ssc

Re: Havasu Run

Post by ssc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am

BW, yes there is fishing. I have a t-shirt with the above bears. I also had a shirt that had 2 deer dressed as hunters. They are talking and there are 3 nude guys hanging upside down from a tree. Two are well endowed and one is not. One deer says to the other, "That one might not be legal."

Was in Havasu the past few days, beautiful is an understatement. I have a book on the trails and have been exploring. Closed on a house this week and had to meet the painter, the granite guy etc. I respect the freedoms they extend. Your choice on helmet laws. Great gun laws and open carry is legal and ccw is shall issue. Lower taxes, you can drive your rhino on the street as well as rails. Gas is cheaper and doesn't have the stupid CA mandates. People are friendly and offroading is a favorite past-time for many people. Lots of harley's and no whines about noise pollution.

Of course, when I cross over the Colorado river, it's just Ca BS. I went through the inspection station and I saw a CHP officer in the middle. Of course he follows me and pulled me over for no front license plate. Typical Ca garbage. Many states don't even issue front plates. You would think they have better things to do. I was in my ford. I don't have a front plate on any of my vehicles. Who has front plates?

Anyway, hope to get a run out to Havasu beginning of March.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:50 am

Yep CA law makers can be retarded at times. When you say open carry, does that mean you can keep a loaded gun in your vehicle in plain view or just carry it on your person unconcealed?
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

ssc

Post by ssc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 am

Blue FJ, yes that is my understanding. AZ is a shall issue state. Very easy to get permit. I would suggest you get Az or better yet, get a Utah CCW.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com

flaminjo

Post by flaminjo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:22 pm

BlueFJ wrote:Yep CA law makers can be retarded at times. When you say open carry, does that mean you can keep a loaded gun in your vehicle in plain view or just carry it on your person unconcealed?
when i had inquired about the report i got, has some things like

Handguns
* Permit to purchase handgun? No*
* Registration of handguns? Yes*
* Licensing of owners of handguns? No
* Permit to carry handguns? Yes (If concealed)

BruisedFJ
Call Sign: KV6WTF

Post by BruisedFJ » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am

Hey all,

I'd be up for doing this run on the weekend of the 14th or 28th. I'm signing up for the wilderness training the the 21st/22nd, so that weekend is out for me. It's time to get the guns and truck dirty. :P
Stoddard (Bruised FJ)
KV6WTF

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:30 am

I am not going to be able to make this run. :(

Hopefully we can catch up sometime either at Calico or Big Bear or something. Have fun out there.

StevesKJ
Call Sign: KJ4STV

Post by StevesKJ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Steve,
Are you still on for this weekend? I will be heading out to BHC on Thursday and can make it down to LHC Saturday. I will be in my old CJ so I don't want anything to tough.
Steve
Steve
The little Liberty that could - most of the time
KJ4STV, formerly KI6OQC

ssc

Post by ssc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Steve,
Yes I am going to Havasu this weekend. We are leaving on Fri. Got a bunch of junk to get done on Fri, but I am up for hitting the trails on Sat. I am not sure which rig I will have, but I think we can run most of the trails I have been reading about. We can meet at the house Sat morning and then head out. What time do you want to meet? I will PM my address and phone number.

Looking forward to it. Might have to shoot a few rounds as well.

Regards, SSC

Return to “TRAIL RUN PLANNING”