2009-04: Havasu Run Feeler

Plan your runs here
ssc

2009-04: Havasu Run Feeler

Post by ssc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm

I have been spending alot of time in Lake Havasu. I have started to explore some of the trails and , of course, do a bit of shooting. I am thinking of posting up a weekend run to Havasu for some wheeling and shooting. It seems like there are many places to camp and cheap motels. I think KJ Steve may have some input, as he has wheeled in these parts. I will continue to explore the trails.

Az is very gun and offroad friendly. Hence, this is a feeler to see if anyone would be interested. If so, we can plan a run. Just as an aside, I have been out of town quite a bit and I miss you all. :D

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

sdnative

Re: Havasu Run

Post by sdnative » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Hmm, sounds like fun.

SKJ wanted to try to have one of the fest events out there. Maybe we can scout it out. I'll tell him to check in tomorrow. I don't think he gets on the site very often.

When were you thinking?

BruisedFJ
Call Sign: KV6WTF

Post by BruisedFJ » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 pm

I'd be up for joining you for a shooting, scouting. off-roading trip. Safe shooting only - no alcohol prior to shooting is what I need to come along, though.
Stoddard (Bruised FJ)
KV6WTF

StevesKJ
Call Sign: KJ4STV

Post by StevesKJ » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Sounds like it will be fun, whenever we can get together. I have directions somewhere to the Nellie E. Saloon. I'd like to check that place out the next time I'm there. Sometime late Feb or early March would be good for me - after Valentine's Day.
Steve
Steve
The little Liberty that could - most of the time
KJ4STV, formerly KI6OQC

ssc

Post by ssc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

The issue of alcohol has been discussed, and there is a policy for our runs. No alcohol prior to or during any run. This rule is absolute! The same applies to shooting, though it has not been codified on the board. When guns are involved, we do not get one free mistake.

Hence, on any run I set up where shooting is involved, I will insist on no alcohol prior or during any handling of firearms. The only issue may be if there is camping involved. I do not camp, but perhaps once the sun goes down and the weapons are unloaded and secured, reasonable consumption MAY be acceptable.

Be assured, no alcohol or unsafe gun handling will be tolerated during our shooting time. I do not mean to sound harsh, but I have seen too many gun accidents that should have been avoided, including a 14 year old girl shot in the head. I will take all precautions to ensure this does not happen on my watch.

With the above caveat, I think we will have alot of fun wheeling, exploring and shooting safely. :D

As to when, I am open to suggestions, maybe the weekend of 2-27or 3-13 or whenever.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

flaminjo

Post by flaminjo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 pm

well, whenever i think, read or heard about the lake this picture comes to my mind. i hope i can plan a trip ASAP to the place...

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:12 am

Any good areas for fishing out there as well?
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:07 pm

2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Keeping with the theme, here's two of my favorites:
bummer.jpg
bummer.jpg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 4372 times
farsidebears.gif
farsidebears.gif (141.71 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

flaminjo

Post by flaminjo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 pm

:lol:
loved them all! liked the birthmark one the most...! post more if you have them!

Return to “TRAIL RUN PLANNING”