2009-08-27: BorregoFest Scouting Trip

Plan your runs here
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

2009-08-27: BorregoFest Scouting Trip

Post by OLLIE » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am

I will be going out to check coordinate some things with the BorregoFest campground tomorrow and prerun Rodriguez Canyon and another potential Sunday trail. They are both very tame trails and I have people notified of where I'll be but I thought I'd post up here with links for ways to keep track of me through the day tomorrow. If anyone wants to join me, they are welcome too. Post up or PM me so we can set up a meet time and place though.

SPOT TRACKING:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... a6OapnF0On

APRS TRACKING:
My call for APRS Tracking will be K6JYB-7. My call for APRS messaging will be K6JYB. My GPS for my mobile unit is being rebuilt right now so I won't be sending a beacon from it.

I will monitor Laguna (147.150 PL: 107.2) for comms.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

photojeeper
Call Sign: KG6HRA

Re: 2009-08-27: BorregoFest Scouting Trip

Post by photojeeper » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Okay Ollie, tease us poor people having to work while you are out having a good time although HOT, in the desert. :(
Well stay safe and when we are traveling home from WORK we will try to say hi on the 2-meter. Show us the photos...

Stay Safe!

JJ

P.S. My subauditable tone was turned off. I could not see the small "T" missing as I was driving.
Jerry aka "JJ"
Ham Callsign: KG6HRA
Vehicle: 1990 Jeep "YJ" Wrangler

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Re: 2009-08-27: BorregoFest Scouting Trip

Post by OLLIE » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

photojeeper wrote:Okay Ollie, tease us poor people having to work while you are out having a good time although HOT, in the desert. :(
Well stay safe and when we are traveling home from WORK we will try to say hi on the 2-meter. Show us the photos...

Stay Safe!

JJ

P.S. My subauditable tone was turned off. I could not see the small "T" missing as I was driving.
I'm glad you figured out what was going on with your radio. I guess you could say I'm going to be working tomorrow. It's the kind of job I wish I could do full time. :D I'll be listening for you guys tonight and tomorrow.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Return to “TRAIL RUN PLANNING”