Borrego Overland Run, April 21 - 22, 2012

Plan your runs here
taugust
Call Sign: KG6WFV

Borrego Overland Run, April 21 - 22, 2012

Post by taugust » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I am leading a two day run through Anza-Borrego from south at Ocotillo to north at Truckhaven Trail and S-22 on April 21 and 22, using only the smallest amount of pavement necessary. It is a TDS run and all are welcome. We will start at Ocotillo, then Dos Cabezas, north to Canyon Sin Nombre, Carrizo Stage Stop, Arroyo Seco Del Diablo, Diablo Dropoff, Fish Creek to Sandstone Canyon, then back down Fish Creek through Split Mtn. Camp at Split Mtn primative camp on Sat. night. Sunday is up Split Mtn. Rd. to Old Kane Spring Rd. west, then north to Borrego Mtn., down the dropoff to The Slot, north out of the Borrego Mtn. Wash to San Felipe Wash, Cut Across Trail to Seventeen Palms Oasis, then up Arroyo Salad to the old Truckhaven Trail and out to S-22 at Calcite Mine on Sun. afternoon. It is always a great time. Triple Chocolate Cake will be consumed. Something to look forward to. Attached is a flyer with all of the info. I hope some of you can make it.
Attachments
BorregoOverlandRunFlyer2012.pdf
(111.23 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Tim
KG6WFV

"It wasn't me... I didn't do it... Nobody saw me do it... You can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab

Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, BFG MT's on Black Steel, Onboard Air, Dual Batteries, High Output Alternator, Engel Fridge, Yaesu 857D All Band Amatuer Radio, Custom Skid and Sliders

BorregoWrangler

Re: Borrego Overland Run, April 21 - 22, 2012

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Looks like a fun trip! That's one of my favorite routes out there too. But I'll be out fishing that weekend.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

Return to “TRAIL RUN PLANNING”