Upper Coyote Canyon, Middle Willows Hike: Dec. 26th, 2014

Past or present, share your outdoor adventure reports with us here. We want to read all about them. Share pictures, videos, etc.
BorregoWrangler

Upper Coyote Canyon, Middle Willows Hike: Dec. 26th, 2014

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 pm

With four days off work at the end of December, I figured I'd get an early start on my 52 Hike Challenge for 2015 and head off into the wilds of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. It had been about four years since I had last visited the upper reaches of Coyote Canyon, so I decided to hike through the riparian (wetlands adjacent to rivers and streams) areas of Upper and Middle Willows within the canyon. These areas can truly be described as "desert jungles." Full trip HERE.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: Upper Coyote Canyon, Middle Willows Hike: Dec. 26th, 2014

Post by DaveK » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

John

Great trip report!!! As always, the scenery in Anza Borrego is great and you have captured some of the best. I have been wanting to travel this route for many years and I regret that I did not take the vehicle route through the canyon when it was still allowed (several years ago).

Please post if you have a hankerin' to go again, soon!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

BorregoWrangler

Re: Upper Coyote Canyon, Middle Willows Hike: Dec. 26th, 2014

Post by BorregoWrangler » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:40 am

DaveK wrote:John

Great trip report!!! As always, the scenery in Anza Borrego is great and you have captured some of the best. I have been wanting to travel this route for many years and I regret that I did not take the vehicle route through the canyon when it was still allowed (several years ago).

Please post if you have a hankerin' to go again, soon!!!
Thanks, Dave. I'll let you know when I head out there again. That trail could use some maintenance, so bring your pruning shears! :shock:

I think they closed off that section in the mid to late-90's... just about when I got my drivers license. I wish they had put in a bypass for vehicles like they did for Lower Willows.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

Return to “TRAIL RUN REPORTS”