COYOTE CANYON CITIZENS ASSOCIATION

Keep informed on outdoor issues including land use, regulatory issues, park closures/changes, etc.
BorregoWrangler

COYOTE CANYON CITIZENS ASSOCIATION

Post by BorregoWrangler » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:04 am

http://www.gotroadrights.com/index.html
The right to travel and the right to recreate is held by everyone; including off-roaders, motorcyclists, bicyclists, horseback riders and hikers.

The course of action proposed by Coyote Canyon Citizens Association is predicated on the fact that we have road and recreation rights; and when deprived of our rights, we can act to recapture our rights and obtain monetary compensation for deprivations of our rights.

The objective is to recapture our right to recreate in California state parks and our right to travel and maintain public roads and trails that traverse state parks; which will enable us to reestablish and save these roads and trails through use and reconstruction.

The Association will challenge as unlawful:

Blockage of Coyote Canyon/De Anza Road. Prohibition against public travel and maintenance of public roads that traverse the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Summer closure of Coyote Canyon and public roads and trails that traverse the canyon. Prohibition against free-range horseback riding in the park and State Wilderness Areas within the park. Reclassification of the vast majority of the park as State Wilderness.

Coyote Canyon Citizens Association will seek damages and penalties through litigation on behalf of all members for deprivation of their right to travel; and deprivations of other lawfully protected rights.

Monetary compensation per member could be significant.

A lawsuit of this magnitude has the potential to set a statewide precedent, force the State Legislature to put the department on a short leash, and make it easier - statewide - to recapture our road and recreation rights.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

Cammo

Re: COYOTE CANYON CITIZENS ASSOCIATION

Post by Cammo » Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 am

Well, I guess that went nowhere, the URL is a dead link. To bad. I just found this, wanted to look into it.
W6SDF

Return to “TRAIL CONDITIONS, LEGISLATION, REGULATORY WATCH AND CONSERVATION”