CCW Works

General discussion of firearms, ammunition, hunting and related topics
ssc

CCW Works

Post by ssc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Once again, a law abiding gun owner with a ccw turns the tide.
http://now.msn.com/71-year-old-man-in-i ... ts-robbers

Cheers, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

BorregoWrangler

Re: CCW Works

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks for posting this. Its incidents like this that fly in the face of those who would push the protectionist agenda and deny us the ability to defend ourselves.

Today is also the anniversary of the San Ysidro McDonald's mass shooting that took place July 18, 1984 here in San Diego. 21 people were killed and 19 others injured. I can't help but think of the recent open-carry ban (AB144) put forth by assemblyman Anthony Portantino. His favorite tagline for the bill was, "You don't need a handgun to buy a hamburger." Of course, this always made me think of the 1984 McDonald's massacre here. Maybe if CA didn't have such restrictive gun laws, folks might have a better chance to defend themselves. Especially when these kind of horrible tragedies occur.

Just my lowly opinion on the matter...
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks for posting this. I am a little suprised to see this from a mainstream media outlet, but it is good to see!

ldsnet
Call Sign: n4tks

Post by ldsnet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 pm

YES CCW works! Florida passed "shall Issue" CCW laws more than 25 years ago (one of the first states to do so). Most crooks have learned (the hard way) to leave the locals alone because they are probably armed (hence crimes against foreign tourists spiked in the years following CCW passage).

You want that privelage back in CA (in a major city)? Going to have to fight for it!

I wish every responsible firearm owner in CA would answer up and Join SOME firearms organization to FIGHT these stupid laws. Take a look at the rest of the country; CA has some of the WORST gun laws. As long as the legislature feels their jobs are safe and secure they will continue to push their "no guns - guns are evil" agenda.

NRA boasts 4,000,000 paid members - not even a FRACTION of gun owners in the country. Don't take this right lightly - most of you would gladly stand up and fight for our rights to off road in national forrests and through BLM land. If you cherrish the right to own a gun, you need to stand up and fight for that right too!

/RANT off.

Return to “FIREARMS”