Dutch Oven Corn Cassarole

Discuss recipes and cooking methods you use during your adventures or ask questions about food prep and techniques.
taugust
Call Sign: KG6WFV

Dutch Oven Corn Cassarole

Post by taugust » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:00 pm

I made this at the recent Field Day gathering and had a request for the recipe. I guess I hadn't posted it here, yet, so here it is. This won second place at the ExPo Desert Rendezvous 2013 DO competition. To give credit where credit is due, this was orginally posted on the forum at camp-cook.com. Lots of great DO recipes there. The bacon and beans are my mods to the original.

Corn Casserole

12" Camp Oven

2 small cans (or 1 large) - Whole Corn (drained)
2 small cans (or 1 large) - Creamed Corn
2 small boxes - Jiffy Cornbread Mix
2 cups - Sharp Cheddar (reserve 1/2 cup)
2 - Eggs
1/2 stick - Butter (melted)
Crumbled Bacon
1 can – Black Beans, (drained) (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Mix all above ingredients in large bowl with exception of 1/2 cup cheddar and mix well. Pour into DO and bake 1hr @ 375... 8 coals bottom/18 top. About 5 minutes before it's done, add remaining cheese over top and melt.
Tim
KG6WFV

"It wasn't me... I didn't do it... Nobody saw me do it... You can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab

Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, BFG MT's on Black Steel, Onboard Air, Dual Batteries, High Output Alternator, Engel Fridge, Yaesu 857D All Band Amatuer Radio, Custom Skid and Sliders

Return to “COOKING”