Tobin Hummer Run

"Make it Fun. Make it Safe."
Post Reply
User avatar
DaveK
Site Admin
Posts: 3262
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am
Call Sign: K6DTK
Location: Southern California

Tobin Hummer Run

#1

Post by DaveK » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey Tom:

I just received an invite to a Tobin (Las Vegas Hummer dealer) run in Hungry Valley on 5/2-4/08. Do you know anything about this and where they do the run?
DaveK
K6DTK


Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

User avatar
toms
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:50 am
Call Sign: KI6FHA
Location: Redondo Beach CA (5 miles south of LAX)
Contact:

Re: Tobin Hummer Run

#2

Post by toms » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Dave,
Don't know any details. But Hungry Valley is not too big. They might warm you up in the practice area and then do a few of the blue or black level trails. I have lots of maps of Hungry Valley if you want one. In fact I could even mark it up (color coded) for trail difficulty. Your hummer can do all the trails with no more issues then some pin striping. I think Bruce has done all them when he had his hummer.
Tom
KI6FHA
See you on the Trail!
TomS
KI6FHA / WPZW486

Badlands Off-Road
tom@4x4training.com
http://www.4x4training.com

User avatar
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2693
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 am
Call Sign: K6JYB
Location: Sweet Home Alabama!!!

Re: Tobin Hummer Run

#3

Post by OLLIE » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 pm

toms wrote:Dave,
Your hummer can do all the trails with no more issues then some pin striping.
That's not an issue... I just found out that he uses panzishields. :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)


APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)


http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan


CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

User avatar
DaveK
Site Admin
Posts: 3262
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am
Call Sign: K6DTK
Location: Southern California

Re: Tobin Hummer Run

#4

Post by DaveK » Fri May 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:
toms wrote:Dave,
Your hummer can do all the trails with no more issues then some pin striping.
That's not an issue... I just found out that he uses panzishields. :D
Ollie, Ollie, Ollie.

This is exactly why you shouldn't have ditched your English classes in school. Its spelled Panzer Shields. Of course, as you know, Panzer is derived from the German language and has been accepted in English as a colloquialism to refer to a main battle tank or other armored vehicle. Rather appropriate, dontcha think. Apology accepted!
DaveK
K6DTK


Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

User avatar
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2693
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 am
Call Sign: K6JYB
Location: Sweet Home Alabama!!!

Re: Tobin Hummer Run

#5

Post by OLLIE » Sat May 03, 2008 7:56 pm

DaveK wrote:
Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:
toms wrote:Dave,
Your hummer can do all the trails with no more issues then some pin striping.
That's not an issue... I just found out that he uses panzishields. :D
Ollie, Ollie, Ollie.

This is exactly why you shouldn't have ditched your English classes in school. Its spelled Panzer Shields. Of course, as you know, Panzer is derived from the German language and has been accepted in English as a colloquialism to refer to a main battle tank or other armored vehicle. Rather appropriate, dontcha think. Apology accepted!
Touche' my friend... :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)


APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)


http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan


CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Post Reply

Return to “BADLANDS OFFROAD ADVENTURES, INC.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest