I got good news and I got bad news...

Let's discuss our amateur radio net here, including suggestions for net topics.
BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Re: I got good news and I got bad news...

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 am

flaminjo wrote:well a newbie like me would be really missing great posts from you, I know you will be there, but the time you will be spending here will be little less!
Jo, I think you misunderstood... When I say net, I don't mean Internet. I'm talking about the the OAUSA Amateur Radio Net that meets every Thursday night. I'll still be reading and posting on the forum as much as usual!
Thanks for the congrats, everyone! I've been there a week now, and so far it's going pretty well.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

snowby4

Post by snowby4 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 pm

I worked second shift at AlliedSignal for sixteen years welding heat exchangers. I doubt you miss your alarm clock. And the sunny mornings are useful if you don't stay up late. I had seemed to get a lot done with my time. And there wasn't a lot of supervision at night. A definite perk of a self directed workforce. Congratulations and best of luck with that.

Snowby4
If you don't know where your going, any road will get you there.

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 pm

snowby4 wrote:And there wasn't a lot of supervision at night. A definite perk of a self directed workforce.

Blue FJ,
sorry, but this is what sprang to mind when you posted you are going to work the night shift for General Atomics.
ImageImage
2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:
snowby4 wrote:And there wasn't a lot of supervision at night. A definite perk of a self directed workforce.

Blue FJ,
sorry, but this is what sprang to mind when you posted you are going to work the night shift for General Atomics.
ImageImage
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image_Image_Image

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 pm

great news craig. jobs are hard to come by these days so i'm really happy for you. congrats!
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:

Blue FJ,
ImageImage
Um, what's the diff? I do that during the day! :mrgreen: :lol: BTW, I'm a huge Simpsons fan, so thanks for that!
-Craig
N6CJW

Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 pm

snowby4 wrote:I worked second shift at AlliedSignal for sixteen years welding heat exchangers. I doubt you miss your alarm clock. And the sunny mornings are useful if you don't stay up late. I had seemed to get a lot done with my time. And there wasn't a lot of supervision at night. A definite perk of a self directed workforce. Congratulations and best of luck with that.

Snowby4
Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to getting out of bed when I feel like it! I'm working days, 6:30 to 4:00 (9/80 schedule) while in training and will move to second shift 12:00 to 9:30 next week.
-Craig
N6CJW

flaminjo

Post by flaminjo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 pm

BlueFJ wrote:
flaminjo wrote:well a newbie like me would be really missing great posts from you, I know you will be there, but the time you will be spending here will be little less!
Jo, I think you misunderstood... When I say net, I don't mean Internet. I'm talking about the the OAUSA Amateur Radio Net that meets every Thursday night. I'll still be reading and posting on the forum as much as usual!
Thanks for the congrats, everyone! I've been there a week now, and so far it's going pretty well.
oh!!! my apologies...i misunderstood!

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be allowed to use EchoLink at work. Anyone want to step up and take over the back-up recording of the Thursday night Nets?
-Craig
N6CJW

flaminjo

Post by flaminjo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 am

wish i could....! but i am currently 1000miles away! ;)

Return to “OAUSA AMATEUR RADIO NET GENERAL DISCUSSION”