WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE REPEATER

Let's discuss our amateur radio net here, including suggestions for net topics.
DennisDawg
Call Sign: K6DOB

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE REPEATER

Post by DennisDawg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Check here: http://www.w6tj.org/TASMARptrList.pdf and there are others on Santigo Peak. Not sure how active they may be.

There are parts of North OC where Keller is problematic, and so is Santiago Peak in others. Sierra Peak hits most of that and down into where Santiago Peak gets toward Irvine and south.

Catalina’s 2m also covers a ton of the whole coast.

My favorite repeater (though not a candidate for the Net) is Big Bear K6BB, though it offers similar coverage to Keller, it is a friendly place to be and I can get to it from OC, Big Bear and have gotten on it from places in Death Valley. It is owned by a radio club, so they’ve intellectual resources as well.

Doing a 40m net on the weekend day might be a hoot.
Local Repeaters On Which You Might Find Me (K6DOB):
  • Big Bear K6BB 147.330+ PL: 131.8 - Keller Peak KE6TZG: 146.385+ PL: 146.2 - Sierra Peak KD6DDM 146.610- PL: 103.5

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:01 pm

DennisDawg wrote:Check here: http://www.w6tj.org/TASMARptrList.pdf and there are others on Santigo Peak. Not sure how active they may be.

There are parts of North OC where Keller is problematic, and so is Santiago Peak in others. Sierra Peak hits most of that and down into where Santiago Peak gets toward Irvine and south.

Catalina’s 2m also covers a ton of the whole coast.

My favorite repeater (though not a candidate for the Net) is Big Bear K6BB, though it offers similar coverage to Keller, it is a friendly place to be and I can get to it from OC, Big Bear and have gotten on it from places in Death Valley. It is owned by a radio club, so they’ve intellectual resources as well.

Doing a 40m net on the weekend day might be a hoot.
Dennis

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked out the KD6DDM website and the IRLP website. It appears they are not IRLP equipped, although Dave's website mentions that it will happen in the future. If you have any other information, please let us know.

If you know of any other repeaters, please let us know.

We would very much like to have a 40M net, but are lacking a net control operator.................any suggestions?
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:37 pm

SteeevO wrote:Is Santiago peak already in our network?

UPDATE

Steven

As a follow-up to my earlier post, we now have a repeater located on Santiago Peak from which we are transmitting our nets. At the present time we have 5 regular repeaters that are carrying the nets:

1. Keller Peak, located in the San Bernardino Mountains and serving the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino (146.385 PL 146.2 -).

2. Palomar Mountain, located in the mountains above San Diego and covering the greater San Diego area, (449.300 100.00 PL - ).

3. Portland, serving the greater Portland, Oregon area (440.4000 123.0 -).

4. Sebastopol, CA (near Santa Rosa), serving the greater San Francisco area, (441.3750 88.5 +).

5. Santiago Peak (BARN System) covering the counties of Orange, San Diego and Los Angeles, (447.540 pl 100 - ).

We are working on adding repeaters in the Las Vegas area. If anyone has a repeater that serves your area, let us know and we will check it out.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “OAUSA AMATEUR RADIO NET GENERAL DISCUSSION”