New Repeater in Lucerne Valley

Let's discuss our amateur radio net here, including suggestions for net topics.
toms
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: KI6FHA

New Repeater in Lucerne Valley

Post by toms » Mon May 05, 2014 11:04 am

Picked up this message from Roger Peterson N6UJM. There are looking for input on how much coverage the repeater has.

Yesterday (05-02-14), we finished the installation of a 2 meter repeater at 7,900 ft above Lucerne Valley.

Frequency: 145.180 MHz (minus 600 for the offset)
PL tone: 123.0 Hz

It is solar powered charging two 12v deep cycle batteries.

We suspect this will be a wide area repeater. Covering from Ridgecrest to the north and most of the Mojave desert. One of the guys talked to a buddy in San Pedro on a hill there. Please help us determine the coverage area. There will most likely be one of the local hams listening. I'm also trying to listen as much as I can also.

This has been coordinated by TASMA. That's the organization that coordinates the repeater frequencies in Southern California. There's a repeater in Pasadena on the same frequency but a different PL tone. So far we have not bothered them.
See you on the Trail!
TomS
KI6FHA / WPZW486

Badlands Off-Road
tom@4x4training.com
http://www.4x4training.com

SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

Re: New Repeater in Lucerne Valley

Post by SteeevO » Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 pm

This is excellent news! I always thought someone should put a repeater out there

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: New Repeater in Lucerne Valley

Post by DaveK » Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 am

That is good news. We should mention this on the nets and see just how far their coverage extends.

There are several linked repeaters that have been in operation for many years that currently cover the eastern and mid portions of the Mojave. As I recall, they were located at Ludlow, Newberry Springs and Barstow. I seem to recall that there were others as well.

I should also note that there are portions of the Mojave,(some as far east as the Mojave Preserve) that are served by the Keller Peak Repeater.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “OAUSA AMATEUR RADIO NET GENERAL DISCUSSION”