Looking Back

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
Ki6ker
Call Sign: ki6ker

Looking Back

Post by Ki6ker » Tue May 13, 2008 4:47 pm

you never know what you have missed, until you have had the chance to review what you want.
and you never know what you want, till you are told you may never have it
I was recently informed I am going to have to have an operation on my upper back,
right against the spine, to remove an emerging tumor. I look back and see a life that I was able to
do what ever I wanted, I traveled, wheeled, and enjoyed the outdoors all I could, am I am happy I did.
But now I face the fact that I have a chance not to be able to operate in that manner as I once took for granted.
I am looking back, over a Life I do not regret, and looking forward to a life that may be changed.
I am going to take a month before the operation and go see a few sites I always put off.
Hike the hoodoos of Brice, go to Glacier NP, and take one last solo trip up the con.
Face it, as much as my TJ is equipped, I will never know if it will out do the ole CJ5 till I take it out alone
on one of my favorite trails.
Yes I know, never alone, but I spent my life breaking that rule and I think my little Limited Baja Edition
has what it takes.
When I get back I go in for surgery and will know after that where and how they had to cut into.
At that point I do not want to look back with any regrets.
wish me luck

Jim

aw12345

Re: Looking Back

Post by aw12345 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Well enjoy your trip and goodluck with the operation, I also greatly enjoy the solitude of traveling alone. One has 2 legs when things go bad. I am happy that in reflection your life so far has mostly fullfilled the dreams and wants. After the operation if the Jeep rides to rough granted you can still drive an air rock air suspension might be the ticket to help you continue to do what you love. Again good luck and hopefully many more happy trails
2006 Jeep Wrangler
2004 Jeep Wrangler

Mc Jeep
Call Sign: KI6WNF

Post by Mc Jeep » Tue May 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Have a good trip. Post up when you go for the operation we will pray for you :D

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:51 am

Best of luck to you Jim! May the Great Physician guide your surgeon's hand and have fun and be safe on your post-op trips!
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”