Getting involved in Wheelers for the Wounded

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
Frogeye
Call Sign: KI6LHP

Getting involved in Wheelers for the Wounded

Post by Frogeye » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I'd really like to see OAUSA support a WFTW run this coming fall season. What do we need to do? Who else on here would be willing to participate in something like this? I want to. Let's start the ball rolling shall we.
Chris

BoBoNel

Re: Getting involved in Wheelers for the Wounded

Post by BoBoNel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 pm

if i'm still here count me in! we can do AB, coyote canyon and camp at sheep(s) whatever its called! :) :P (just kidding scott.......i know that drives him crazy)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

big dave

Post by big dave » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 am

Im not sure if any of the wounded have dreams of riding in an old Pathfinder, but its available!
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

Lucrum
Call Sign: KI6LPQ

Post by Lucrum » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 am

I would love to do this, limited on time but could come out for the run and would volunteer any resources I have. Awesome group to support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
No Excuses. Get out and Explorer. http://www.lucrumind.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Please let me know if you need an off road capable 10 passenger troop transport (8 with a fridge full of cold drinks :mrgreen:). It has belts for all the seats to make it legal. I'd be happy to help out with a run.

I could probably round up a few more Pinz owners to provide additional off road mass transportation as well.
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

Frogeye
Call Sign: KI6LHP

Post by Frogeye » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Right on it looks like we've got some interested folks here. I recently submitted a photo for the back page of a magazine. It won and the publisher asked me who's website I wanted to promote. Since I've only been talking about getting involved with WFTW, and have not participated yet, I decided I'd have that web link be for the Wheelers for the Wounded website. It's a start. The hummerX club are participating in an event for WFTW in Azna Borrego this weekend. I really need to read their website. Please if any of you want to take the ball and run with it. Go for it. I just think that it would be cool if we could give back to our heroes by participating in a WFTW event in the future.
Chris

JohnGalt

Post by JohnGalt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Kudos to you KI6LHP, aka FROGEYE. You do kewl stuff.

It was a great idea, I'm glad to see the responses, and it was good of you to promote the site. I think that's just great......A good start!

Just my $0.02

-JG-
"Do Not Let The Hero In Your Soul Perish...."

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”