Lucrum...Chris' fundraiser-help chris walk again

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
lucrum's girl

Lucrum...Chris' fundraiser-help chris walk again

Post by lucrum's girl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:03 pm

:D :D Chris, better known as Lucrum here, has a group of friends who started a fundraiser to help him walk, http://www.helpchriswalk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The second annual fundraiser to raise money for therapy for him and other Spinal Cord Injured Victims will be on
July 22, @ 6:30pm down in San Diego at the University Club….more details at http://www.HelpChrisWalk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What I am writing about is if any of you out there would be able to help in this event, not only to help Chris, but also to help others who need financial assistance to stay at Project Walk.
How can I help-you may say?
1. Come to the event
2. Donate money
3. Donate product for the auction/raffle.

Help Chris Walk is a not for profit 501-C3 organization. Any donations will be greatly appreciated; maybe sponsor someone to be at the event if you can't be there.
Last year, over $30,000 was raised, and this kept Chris in therapy for the whole year! (It costs $2,500 a month for therapy at Project Walk.) Chris has been able to pedal a bike, lift his legs, stand at our wedding assisted, stay off medications, be active, and even maintain his own business, as a direct result of Project Walk.
You can hear about Chris' accident at http://www.projectwalk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Just click on the client tab and search for Chris. There is a video that will tell you more. Also, come out to the event on July 22, to hear more.
Please email me at kariloveschris@gmail.com if you'd like to donate in any way. We can pay for shipping if need be or pick up the donated items. Also, Chris' website (http://www.HelpChrisWalk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), “Help Chris Walk” is the name of the non-profit Chris’ friends started for him and now at Chris’ request also raises money for others, will be updated where you will be able to donate money directly through the website.
Thank-you so much for all you already do for Chris and Lucrum!
Blessings2u,
His wife, Kari Marsolais :D

BoBoNel

Re: Lucrum...Chris' fundraiser-help chris walk again

Post by BoBoNel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:00 pm

glad to see this posted on here. i'm really hoping i can go on the 22nd. i'll get all the info on the .org and let you know for sure.
we have to get him walking again so frogeye doesnt have to carry him anymore. :) just kidding of course cause any of us would carry chris anywhere!!!!!
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

lucrum's girl

Post by lucrum's girl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 pm

BoBoNel wrote:glad to see this posted on here. i'm really hoping i can go on the 22nd. i'll get all the info on the .org and let you know for sure.
we have to get him walking again so frogeye doesnt have to carry him anymore. :) just kidding of course cause any of us would carry chris anywhere!!!!!
thanks so much!!! thats hilarious about frogeye carrying him!! thanks so much for the support...sorry the website is still down. until it is up, check out the blogspot i made for him, it has a few of the details. it's http://www.helpchriswalk.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this blogspot is nothing compared to the official web site for chris, but you can see a few of the details! thanks again! :D :D :D :D :D

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 pm

the site is up and running and its awesome!! you should have them list the time of the event though cause its not listed. i see that its at 6:30. i really want to go.

anyone else want to join me? lets make a show of support for chris and gather a bunch of us to represent!!!!!!!!!
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

lucrum's girl

Post by lucrum's girl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:44 pm

the site is up and running and its awesome!! you should have them list the time of the event though cause its not listed. i see that its at 6:30. i really want to go.

anyone else want to join me? lets make a show of support for chris and gather a bunch of us to represent!!!!!!!!!

thanks so much bobonel!!!! sorry, yah, the time is 6:30 till 9:30. that'd be cool if anyone could make it! also, the website http://www.helpchriswalk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is now up!!!!! there are a few more corrections and stuff, but its up!! :mrgreen:

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

I want to go to this event but a lot of us will still be on our way back from the Summit trip. :? I will see what I can do to at least donate.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

lucrum's girl

Post by lucrum's girl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I want to go to this event but a lot of us will still be on our way back from the Summit trip. :? I will see what I can do to at least donate.
thanks ollie! yah, i know the summit is smack in the middle of it!! no worries! chris and i are heading back a bit early ourselves to get back in time and prep for the event! thanks for any donation! :) :P

FunJunkie

Post by FunJunkie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:06 am

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I want to go to this event but a lot of us will still be on our way back from the Summit trip. :? I will see what I can do to at least donate.
Same here. If we can make it to the event we will be there, If not, donations are in order. :D

lucrum's girl

Post by lucrum's girl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 am

FunJunkie wrote:
Same here. If we can make it to the event we will be there, If not, donations are in order. :D
thanks so much "funjunkie"! you guys are great and so neat to see the fj forum guys pulling through!!!!! whew hew!!! no worries on getting back to the fundraiser if you can't! enjoy the summit first!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”