No more children !!!

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

No more children !!!

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 pm

No, I'm not anti-kid. Just a very proud dad whose younger son turned 18 yesterday. :P

It is unbelievable how fast the last 20 years passed by. I now have 2 adult sons, one in college, one on the way, and I couldn't be prouder of either. :D

Now I can schedule my life without checking on their schedule first. :mrgreen:

Not that I'll be able to schedule anything, anyway - all my money is going with them to school... :o
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

gon2srf

Re: No more children !!!

Post by gon2srf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Congratulations Larry. Although I have only known you for a few years, I realized what an outstanding person you were immediately. I am sure your sons love there father dearly and appreciate his dedication to them. I hope you feel satisfaction in providing this great oppurtunity for them. Job well done!

Scott
Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 am

gon2srf wrote:Congratulations Larry. Although I have only known you for a few years, I realized what an outstanding person you were immediately. I am sure your sons love there father dearly and appreciate his dedication to them. I hope you feel satisfaction in providing this great oppurtunity for them. Job well done!

Scott

Thank you very much, Scott - I'm all choked up....

OK, so the "kids" are gone, lets go wheelin' !!! :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:
gon2srf wrote:Congratulations Larry. Although I have only known you for a few years, I realized what an outstanding person you were immediately. I am sure your sons love there father dearly and appreciate his dedication to them. I hope you feel satisfaction in providing this great opportunity for them. Job well done!

Scott

Thank you very much, Scott - I'm all choked up....

OK, so the "kids" are gone, lets go wheelin' !!! :lol:
I've got a few rolls of quarters for gas, lets go!
Image_Image_Image

martyr

Post by martyr » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Congrats Larry! We have 20 y/o in college, and a 16 y/o soon-to-be senior in High School. What they now lack in time we have to dedicate to them (i.e. driving them around) they more than make-up for in additional monetary requirements. It's a good investment though. Help them through college, get them off to a good start, it should pay-off down the road...

toms
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: KI6FHA

Post by toms » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:24 pm

I guess I am a little ahead you you guys. The 93 Jeep Wrangler I bought new 15 years ago was just returned to me by last son. It has been to high school and college with four boys. As long as only the jeep comes home to live and not the boys, I am ok! Anyone got some YJ parts collecting dust? Since this is a 4 cyclinder, I plan to keep it stock but it needs a lot of TLC.
See you on the Trail!
TomS
KI6FHA / WPZW486

Badlands Off-Road
tom@4x4training.com
http://www.4x4training.com

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:17 pm

martyr wrote:Congrats Larry! We have 20 y/o in college, and a 16 y/o soon-to-be senior in High School. What they now lack in time we have to dedicate to them (i.e. driving them around) they more than make-up for in additional monetary requirements. It's a good investment though. Help them through college, get them off to a good start, it should pay-off down the road...

I already told my kids that I expect to be put up in a very nice home when the time comes - none of that TV dinner nonsense - and I want a wheelchair with off-road capability.... :lol:

W6LPB / WPOK492

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”