Autumn finally gets her Tahoe!

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
BorregoWrangler

Autumn finally gets her Tahoe!

Post by BorregoWrangler » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Autumn has had a thing for Chevrolet Tahoes ever since one of our friends had one up for sale a few years ago. However, she doubted that she'd be comfortable operating a full-sized vehicle. With her current car showing its age, along with a growing family, we've been keeping an eye out on something that would fit her needs. The GMC Acadia seemed like a good option, but she decided on this 2011 Ice Blue Tahoe LT Vortec 5.3L Auto SPI Flex Fuel Iron Block with 76K on the clock and 3 year/30K warranty.

It seats 8 with three rows of seating, has a great towing package, bluetooth, mp3, and a bunch of other bells and whistles. While I would have preferred something with 4WD or even AWD, I think we'll still get around okay on dirt roads and trips out to the river with it. I think the last Chevrolet in my family was my father's 1977 Silverado pickup. We're looking forward to getting years of enjoyment out of this vehicle.
0119141613.jpg
0119141613.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 1619 times
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Autumn finally gets her Tahoe!

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:04 am

Congrats to you an Autumn on the new member of your family :mrgreen:

I know Autumn will look good in that Tahoe, but I'm not sure how rep will hold up once the trail crowd sees you rollin' on chromed 20s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: Autumn finally gets her Tahoe!

Post by DaveK » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:44 pm

John

We have had a Chevy Tahoe in the family for several years and it has been one of the best family vehicles we have ever had. It has survived the worst that growing and active kids can throw at it, pulling a trailer, and hundreds of "loaner" uses to the new drivers in the family. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

One tip: go easy on the tire slick, especially at OAUSA functions!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”