Hune Lake Rough Fire

Off topic and general discussions that don't fit any of the above
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Hune Lake Rough Fire

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Very sad - we have been fortunate to have accessed an extremely beautiful, scenic, and isolated spot for our campsite at Buck Rock...but the fire appears to have started by a lightning strike, so our loss is just another event in the natural cycl of the forest environment.

I'd be interested in helping to scout out another site for our camp - It'll be hard to beat the site we had, but the Kings Canyon / Sequoia Natl Forest area is full of amazing places - and I' sure we'll find one :)
20150612_193518.jpg
20150612_193518.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 800 times
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

taugust
Call Sign: KG6WFV

Post by taugust » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm

I am glad I had the chance to camp there. Thanks again, Dave, for organizing that trip. However I am certain there are many more sites in the forest that haven't been affected. Now we just have to go out and find them. Sounds like an outdoor adventure to me.
Tim
KG6WFV

"It wasn't me... I didn't do it... Nobody saw me do it... You can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab

Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, BFG MT's on Black Steel, Onboard Air, Dual Batteries, High Output Alternator, Engel Fridge, Yaesu 857D All Band Amatuer Radio, Custom Skid and Sliders

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:52 am

taugust wrote:I am glad I had the chance to camp there. Thanks again, Dave, for organizing that trip. However I am certain there are many more sites in the forest that haven't been affected. Now we just have to go out and find them. Sounds like an outdoor adventure to me.
Definitely...looking forward to the discovery phase of the journey :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS”