OAUSA Net - June 15, 2017 - Vehicle and Camp Storage Solutions

A preview of future nets
DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: OAUSA Net - June 15, 2017 - Vehicle and Camp Storage Solutions

Post by DaveK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:52 pm

ORGANIZING GEAR AT CAMP

There are two areas in camp that seem to need the most attention when it comes to organization and storage - your tent and your kitchen equipment.

TENTS

If you are a fan of cots, Cabela's make two products that can really keep your gear organized and clean:
They are a great way to store and organize everything including jackets, shirts, pants, rifles, reading material, and more. A giant step up from storing all your gear on the floor.
Cabela's Cot-Side Nightstand.png
Cabela's Cot-Side Nightstand.png (222.73 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Cabela's Cot Tree.png
Cabela's Cot Tree.png (102.63 KiB) Viewed 147 times

KITCHEN

For those who appreciate fine food when you are in the outback, you'll need to carry more gear. Having a setup that will accommodate your mobile kitchen really helps. There are several on the market, but the one that has served our needs very well for several years is the Instant Kitchen by Cabela's. True to its name, it sets up in well under a minute and has room for my stove, two prep side tables, 4 storage hooks, a paper towel dispenser, and a shelf for miscellaneous kitchen gear. It folds flat and is easy to stow in the vehicle.
Cabela's Instant Kitchen.JPG
Cabela's Instant Kitchen.JPG (185.43 KiB) Viewed 147 times
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Jeff-OAUSA
Call Sign: WD6USA

Post by Jeff-OAUSA » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Early check in request.

WD6USA
Jeff
WD6USA

KA9WDX
Call Sign: KA9WDX

Post by KA9WDX » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Early check in please & Thanks. I am thinking that I didn't have Internet access last week, so could not check in, but not sure about that, as I sure have been busy and a lot of things have been on my mind.

73 and "see" you in the net,
Bernie, Medford, WI.

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Please check in John, KN6VL and Bruce, KD6GCO
Last edited by NotAMog on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 pm

I hope to be able to check by radio, but just in case - please check me in :mrgreen:

Thanks, Larry W6LPB
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

KK6DYO
Call Sign: KK6DYO

Post by KK6DYO » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Please check me in for the evening. Will be listening closely since I'm in the market for some equipment organization "technology".

lrsrngr

Post by lrsrngr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Check-in please for KK6CTT.

Great net but the bottom line; you won't know until you get out there and see how messed up your load plan is (spoken from experience). Always attempt to load at 75% of your vehicle's capacity. Why? As you go along and find that now you have a dirty clothes bag vs. a nice and neatly packed garment bag, boots and shoes are dirty and can't be put in their original container...you will find that the extra space you left with is GONE and the further you get into your trip the more taxing it is to keep your load plan as neat and tidy as when you left. A full dress rehearsal is suggested. A short test run of your camping setup before the big trip. Our family finds that a spring camping trip really helps get our gear out of mothballs and insure we don't forget the necessary items we normally take camping. Things easily forgotten are tools (rakes, tent brooms, hammer, gloves); anything that you use at home normally, gets displaced from your usual packing list/storage place and it takes a little trip to sort this "phenomenon" out. It truly is a phenomenon how your gear gets cross-leveled from ready to, "Oh snap, where did it go..."

Also remember, as stated in the net, to strap items in. Hopefully this lesson doesn't take someone getting hurt because that learning curve will be at the expense of someone's safety and may even be your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jj4NAzfHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP32J2Zme0Y

Field day in City of Riverside, hosted by Riverside County Amateur Radio Association.

RCARA FIELD DAY 2017 UPDATES:

We will be holding Field Day 2017 at the Martha McLean Anza Narrows Park, 5759 Jurupa Avenue, Riverside 92504 … beginning at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 24 through Sunday, June 25, 11:00 a.m. This event is open for free to the public and everyone is invited and encouraged to stop by to see what ham radio is all about. We will be operating for 24 hours transmitting on our personal equipment communicating nationwide using only battery power, generators or solar power … Come and see how it’s done and what a valuable tool of communication during a disaster or catastrophic event is and how it can be lifesaving. We will have a set up for the public to experience what it’s like to talk on the air and answer any questions you may have. Our information table offers brochures and pamphlets and answers on how to become a licensed ham radio operator. We will be holding classes in the near future to prepare you and testing to obtain your license.

As an added incentive, we are offering raffle tickets to win a brand new Yaesu 8900 mobile radio.
Check back for more information or contact us via email if you have any questions.

Larry LarryandMelba@Junker-family.com - Field Day Chair
Rick (KK6CTT) rngr86@juno.com - Assistant Field Day Chair
Marlene xmadamxx@aol.com - RCARA Club President

We look forward to your participation.

The Field Day Committee
Last edited by lrsrngr on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[b]HUA[/b] or "Hooah!" = Heard Understood & Acknowledged. In context: "Roger that sir, HUA!"

Jeff-OAUSA
Call Sign: WD6USA

Quick Fist

Post by Jeff-OAUSA » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm

quick fist.jpg
Quick Fist
quick fist.jpg (334.81 KiB) Viewed 140 times
WD6USA

gunbiz
Call Sign: w9rik

Post by gunbiz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 pm

log me in Rick Reid W9RIK

gunbiz
Call Sign: w9rik

Post by gunbiz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm

I have a great way to transport water better than water cans camping world sells a water storage system it is like a little water bed it is 6" high 35" wide 50" long it fits between the wheel wells I made shelf over it so I still have my floor space in my 4 Runner it holds 45 gal of water low center of gravity sell for about $100.00 73 W9RIK Rick Reid

Return to “OAUSA AMATEUR RADIO NET PREVIEW”