Donate

OAUSA Net - November 18, 2021 - Sleeping Bags, Duffle Bags, Camping Bags, Dry Bags,.......

A preview of future nets
Jeff-OAUSA
Call Sign: WD6USA

Re: OAUSA Net - November 18, 2021 - Sleeping Bags, Duffle Bags, Camping Bags, Dry Bags,.......

Post by Jeff-OAUSA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Early check in request for WD6USA.
Thanks.
WD6USA

The middle of nowhere is somewhere I'd prefer to be.

"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them something more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it."- Lyndon B. Johnson, President of the United States

KA9WDX
Call Sign: KA9WDX

Re: OAUSA Net - November 18, 2021 - Sleeping Bags, Duffle Bags, Camping Bags, Dry Bags,.......

Post by KA9WDX » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Check in please - Thanks - Bernie
The only duffle bag that I've ever had was the one I got when in the Army...LOL :D

KM6OJB
Call Sign: KM6OJB

Post by KM6OJB » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:53 pm

Please check me in KM6OJB
Thanks
Joe

Jeff-OAUSA

Post by Jeff-OAUSA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 pm

During the net, I mentioned that one of my sleeping bags was made by a company called Snow Lion and I bought the bag new in about 1972 or 1973. That bag has been used on hundreds of camping nights, from snow camping to desert camping. I once had the opportunity to use the Snow Lion sleeping bag for 30 consecutive nights when some fellow Scouts and I hike the John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Whitney Portal.

You can find vintage Snow Lion sleeping bags online for around $200 to $250...keep in mind that is for a 40 year old bag...but if the bag is in good condition, it would be worth the cost (https://www.ebay.com/itm/203515565376) By comparison, I bought my Snow Lion for $99, again back around 1972-73 period.

Here is the 1976 Snow Lion catalog: https://www.outinunder.com/sites/defaul ... 201976.pdf

Outside Magazine included Snow Lion sleeping bags on their Most Influential Gear of All Time list. When you see the list, you'll know that the Snow Lion quality was real. https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-g ... %3A%201976

Snow Lion prided themselves on getting people to understand that sleeping bags were a series of tradeoffs. In their down bags, Snow Lion was one of the first to realize that most of the loft needed to be on top since the down on the bottom would be compressed anyway. Snow Lion typicaly went with 60-70 percent of the sleeping bag's fill being on top.
Last edited by Jeff-OAUSA on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WD6USA

"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them something more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it."- Lyndon B. Johnson, President of the United States

Jeff-OAUSA

Atlas 46 Tool Rolls - Made in the USA

Post by Jeff-OAUSA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm

The Atlas 46 Yorktown Tool Rolls are very sturdy and allow one to carry a lot of tools in an organized fashion.

Here is a prior presentation on the Atlas 46 Yorktown Tool Rolls: viewtopic.php?p=35957#p35957

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Made in the USA
1. Atlas 46 Tool Rolls
Every outdoors person should have a basic set of tools with them in their travels. If you travel by vehicle, then even more tools are needed. Carrying the traditional shop box full of tools is rarely an option, so how do you carry an assortment of tools in a compact, but organized format? Enter the Atlas 46 Yorktown Tool Roll. The Atlas 46 Tool Roll allows you to carry your tools in the space of a duffle bag, but with the advantage of the tools staying organized such that you don't need to dump them all out just to find a particular tool.

Ball Park Price: $175 for the Yorktown; $250 for the model where the horizontal bags are individually removable, a cool, but not necessary feature.
Yorktown Tool Roll.jpg
Yorktown Tool Roll Wrench Side.jpg
Here's the model with the quick detach rolls. This feature adds about $70...a cool feature but at a premium cost.
Yorktown Tool Roll Quick Detach Model.jpg
Features and Benefits

Quick Roll Strap
4 16" large pockets
1 Low-profile all-purpose pocket
11 wrench slots
7 multi-purpose tool slots
#8 American Made YKK® zippers
2 Carry Handles
Rugged 1.5” side release buckle closure
Removable hanging strap
Made of Durable 1000D Cordura® nylon
Add a magnetic panel to further customize your roll
High quality sewing and materials (See our Craftsmanship Page)
Hand crafted in the USA
Lifetime Guarantee
46 Day Trial Guarantee

Specs

Smallest Wrench Slot: 5.5" x 1.375"
Largest Wrench Slot: 8.875" x 2.375"

Video: https://youtu.be/jmqr9p8RMiE
WD6USA

Return to “OAUSA AMATEUR RADIO NET PREVIEW”