Calico?

SpringFest planning section.
BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Re: Calico?

Post by BlueFJ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am

BorregoWrangler wrote: Don't tell me... you forgot your camera again? :mrgreen:
Of course I did! :twisted: :lol: There wasn't much to capture anyway... just a bunch of guys shooting. Like I said, we didn't do any wheeling. Other than running into Barstow Saturday morning for breakfast and supplies, we spent the entire weekend at the camp/range.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:57 pm

BlueFJ wrote:
BorregoWrangler wrote: Don't tell me... you forgot your camera again? :mrgreen:
Of course I did! :twisted: :lol: There wasn't much to capture anyway... just a bunch of guys shooting. Like I said, we didn't do any wheeling. Other than running into Barstow Saturday morning for breakfast and supplies, we spent the entire weekend at the camp/range.
Nothin' wrong with that! Sounds like ya had a good time. That's usually what I'll do when I go to the river. Just hang around camp, go shooting back in the washes and fishing in the lake. Good times. I actually need to do some more exploring with the Jeep around there.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:13 pm

I like the idea of Calico for Springfest. :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I like the idea of Calico for Springfest. :D
x2 - I think Calico is a more interesting area than Hungry Valley, with a wider variety of trails and alot of beautiful scenery....not to mention great chocolate shakes across the 15 freeway.... :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

big dave

Post by big dave » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 am

Are people allowed to camp in the mines and caves around Calico? If so, i wanna camp out in that mine thing that some of us climbed into at midnight during Calico Cleanup last year. 8-)
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 am

2009 OAUSA SpringFest Event (March 27-29)

So I noticed there's a date attached here. Is this gonna be offical? If so it works for me! We're going to be in Florida the second week of March.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:27 am

BorregoWrangler wrote:2009 OAUSA SpringFest Event (March 27-29)

So I noticed there's a date attached here. Is this gonna be offical? If so it works for me! We're going to be in Florida the second week of March.
John I think the board chose a date for SpringFest and you started this thread under the Springfest banner but correct me if I'm wrong Ollie, there has been no official choice of the place yet? I would love to do it at Calico, it's a great all around spot for all ability levels and very close to a major freeway. We really should start planning for this now, maybe a Poll with suggested areas for SpringFest would be a good start?
Image_Image_Image

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 pm

gon2srf wrote:
BorregoWrangler wrote:2009 OAUSA SpringFest Event (March 27-29)

John I think the board chose a date for SpringFest and you started this thread under the Springfest banner but correct me if I'm wrong Ollie, there has been no official choice of the place yet? I would love to do it at Calico, it's a great all around spot for all ability levels and very close to a major freeway. We really should start planning for this now, maybe a Poll with suggested areas for SpringFest would be a good start?
Spot on Scott... No official location has been designated yet. The dates are locked in for all of this years events though. One thing to remember is that Calico Clean-Up is happening on President's Day weekend. The clean-up is just starting it's planning stages and Mark Watkins contacted me last week. It's taking on a bit of a different flavor this year. The reason I say that is some people may not want to go to the sameplace twice in such a short time period. I'm still up for it, I am just keeping everyone informed.

A poll is a good idea.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

unwiredadventures
Call Sign: KG6JVE

Post by unwiredadventures » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 am

big dave wrote:Are people allowed to camp in the mines and caves around Calico? If so, i wanna camp out in that mine thing that some of us climbed into at midnight during Calico Cleanup last year. 8-)
As far as I know, you can camp and shoot almost anywhere you want out there.

'97 Land Cruiser FZJ80

Trip Photos | Twitter

E-train

Post by E-train » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 am

How about a place with big trees where you can feel the Spring time? Is there a place like that around here with good trails and group camping that might be a little different than Big Bear and Summerfest?

Return to “2009 OAUSA SpringFest Event (March 27-29)”