2009 BorregoFest planning section.

Moderator: BorregoWrangler

brentbba
Call Sign: KI6SGO

Re: Anza Borrego Information

Post by brentbba » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

bruisedFJ wrote:
brentbba wrote:
bruisedFJ wrote:If anyone knows where the nearest hospitals or emergency treatment centers are to Anza Borrego, please post whatever info you have here, just so we can be overly prepared. Thanks.
:lol: Too Late!!! :lol:
Brent, you are awesome to be able to get laughs out of your heart surgery. Keep up with the healing process.

And Chazz - thanks much.
It's superb the planning and forethought you guys have for this event. Saw this post of info and just cracked up laughing big time. :D

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't know if you are be facetious or not Brent? :? FYI Every year we (Ollie took care of it last year as I recall) have provided a printout with all the important emergency services and phone numbers for the area at the vehicle inspection. I'm not sure if Bruised FJ is aware of that or not?

If the joke went over my head please ignore the post. :oops:
Image_Image_Image

brentbba
Call Sign: KI6SGO

Post by brentbba » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:23 pm

gon2srf wrote:I don't know if you are be facetious or not Brent? :? FYI Every year we (Ollie took care of it last year as I recall) have provided a printout with all the important emergency services and phone numbers for the area at the vehicle inspection. I'm not sure if Bruised FJ is aware of that or not?

Nope - I do think the planning and forethought into everything is fantastic from you guys. How many large gatherings like this are as well prepared? Just wish I could be there. Only joke may have been that the emergency info was posted after my heart attack. Didn't know it was standard posted info from last year as well.

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:54 pm

brentbba wrote:
gon2srf wrote:I don't know if you are be facetious or not Brent? :? FYI Every year we (Ollie took care of it last year as I recall) have provided a printout with all the important emergency services and phone numbers for the area at the vehicle inspection. I'm not sure if Bruised FJ is aware of that or not?

Nope - I do think the planning and forethought into everything is fantastic from you guys. How many large gatherings like this are as well prepared? Just wish I could be there. Only joke may have been that the emergency info was posted after my heart attack. Didn't know it was standard posted info from last year as well.
I don't recall that Ollie posted it last year, but there was a very nice hand out. Hmmm or maybe that was FallFest? Ollie?
Image_Image_Image

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey guys:

Each run leader will have packets which will include information on several emergency contacts. We will also make this information available at the camp as well. More to follow.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Emergency Information

Accoriding to ABDSP officials, the entire park and surrounding areas are "911" procedures. While this is a good thing to know, it has limited value as cell coverage in much of the park is non-existent. You may be required to use your ham radio to get someone to make the call for you.

Alternate 911 #'s (24/7)

Borrego Springs Fire Department: 760 767-5436
Borrego Springs Sheriff's Department: 760 767-5656
NOTE: The Borrego Springs Fire Department has paramedics who are on duty at all times, as well as life flight helicopters.

If 911 can provide an adequate response to the emergency, they probably are the best option. That should be your first contact. To the extent that it becomes necessary to transport someone, there are only two viable options, east and west (Desribed below). The choice will depend on your location and your assessment of the travel time involved. Each of the hospitals listed have emergency rooms.

Hospital Information:

WEST
Palomar Memorial Hospital
555 East Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA 92025
(760) 739-3000

Pomerado Hospital
15615 Pomerado Rd
Poway, CA 92064
(858) 613-4000

EAST
Pioneers Mmeorial Hospital
207 West Legion Rd
Brawley, CA 92227
(760) 351-3333

El Centro Regional Medical Center
1415 Ross Ave
El Centro, CA 92243
(760) 339-7100

John F Kennedy Memorial Hospital
47111 Monroe St
Indio, CA 92201
(760) 347-6191
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 am

Run leaders will be carrying a packet with maps to all the local hospitals and lists of emergency numbers.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Return to “2009 OAUSA BorregoFest Event (Oct 23-25)”