2009-10-24: BorregoFest Potluck Planning and Misc Items

2009 BorregoFest planning section.

Moderator: BorregoWrangler

gon2srf

Re: 2009-10-24: BorregoFest Potluck Planning and Misc Items

Post by gon2srf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am

brentbba wrote:It there's anybody from south OC (Laguna Niguel), my golf course now splits logs from trees they trim and remove, stack it in a corner of our parking lot for anyone to take (members or not!). Contact me via pm for details. Some of the wood may still be a little green, but some has been out there for a few months now. Pine and eucalyptus mostly. I'll snag what I can put up on the front section of my roof rack and bring it.
Geez that's cool Brent, PM me the address and don't tell anyone else, I'm gonna load the FJ to the gills. :lol:
Image_Image_Image

brentbba
Call Sign: KI6SGO

Post by brentbba » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 am

gon2srf wrote:
brentbba wrote:It there's anybody from south OC (Laguna Niguel), my golf course now splits logs from trees they trim and remove, stack it in a corner of our parking lot for anyone to take (members or not!). Contact me via pm for details. Some of the wood may still be a little green, but some has been out there for a few months now. Pine and eucalyptus mostly. I'll snag what I can put up on the front section of my roof rack and bring it.
Geez that's cool Brent, PM me the address and don't tell anyone else, I'm gonna load the FJ to the gills. :lol:
PM sent Scott. I'll load up as much as I can on the cruiser as well so there'll be plenty of wood. Are there fire rings or should Sputnik come along for the ride?

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 am

brentbba wrote:
gon2srf wrote:
PM sent Scott. I'll load up as much as I can on the cruiser as well so there'll be plenty of wood. Are there fire rings or should Sputnik come along for the ride?
There is one fire pit and it is HUGE. It is nearly 20 feet wide. Here is a picture of it. Over the summer as they're cleaning the camp ground they're throwing their old wood in it to be burned off when the pit fills up.
Fire Pit.JPG
Fire Pit.JPG (149.16 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Chazz Layne
Call Sign: KF7FEN

Post by Chazz Layne » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

OLLIE wrote:There is one fire pit and it is HUGE. It is nearly 20 feet wide. Here is a picture of it. Over the summer as they're cleaning the camp ground they're throwing their old wood in it to be burned off when the pit fills up.

(picture)
Wow, I didn't expect the campsite to be so cozy when I heard "full RV spaces". This looks like a nice place...
Chazz Laynedotcom

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 am

Chazz Layne wrote:
OLLIE wrote:There is one fire pit and it is HUGE. It is nearly 20 feet wide. Here is a picture of it. Over the summer as they're cleaning the camp ground they're throwing their old wood in it to be burned off when the pit fills up.

(picture)
Wow, I didn't expect the campsite to be so cozy when I heard "full RV spaces". This looks like a nice place...
It will be a very nice place. IMO I believe it will be much better suited for us than Palm Canyon Campground was. I will post the pictures to on the Campsite thread on Thursday night or Friday sometime.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

rfjtoy

Post by rfjtoy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 am

I'll haul firewood with brent.
Also bring some Carna Asada

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 pm

rfjtoy wrote:I'll haul firewood with brent.
rfjtoy wrote:I'll haul firewood with brent.
Bumpity bump, who's bringin' some excellent food?

POTLUCK:
Please post your savory dish that you will be bringing to the potluck and it will be added to the head of this thread, then your post will be deleted (unless it is extremely funny).

Please keep your serving sizes to about 6 people. Last year there was enough food to feed all of Camp Pendleton if we had a way to transport it there. I’m sure 12 or more will be able to sample your dish and tell you how great it is.

Hint: the more detailed you are in describing your dish, the more that others will be inspired to up their game.

Breakfast
Chazz Layne: Chololate Chip Scones

Main Dishes
Gon2Srf: Marinated Portobello mushroom, pineapple and vegetable kabobs.
BruisedFJ: Chicken Breasts marinated in Jim Beam wing sauce, with diced avocado and a hint of cilantro
Hawkeye: Marinated Tri-tip, and some french bread
rfjtoy: Carna Asada

Desserts :P
Chazz Layne: Mexican S'mores (chocolate, marshmellow, cinnamon, tortilla > fried)
Gon2Srf: Dutch Oven Captain Morgan Apple Cobbler. Fresh sliced Granny Smith apples, cinnamon, flour, sugar, baking powder. salt, eggs, lots of butter and of course, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.

Utensils:

Grills:
OLLIE - 1 propane grill
Gon2srf - 1 propane hibachi grill
BruisedFJ - 1 propane grill

Stoves:
OLLIE - 1 propane stove
Gon2srf- 1 propane stove

MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS:
The group campsite at the new campground has a HUGE bonfire pit. We will need some firewood brought out to the campground. Let us know if you are bringing wood and about how much. A good bonfire is a must... :D

Firewood:
BorregoWrangler
Gon2srf
BruisedFJ
brentbba
rfjtoy

Grill Propane Bottles:
Image_Image_Image

BruisedFJ
Call Sign: KV6WTF

Post by BruisedFJ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 pm

We've got a lot more signed up for runs than for the pot-luck. Let's post up your pot-luck entries, even if it's just an Albertson's apple pie warmed via campfire. Mmm, that sounds good. And easy. :P
Stoddard (Bruised FJ)
KV6WTF

JHCB

Post by JHCB » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Brownies: Ibarra chocolate, dark chocolate chips, hint of chipotle chili

Jason (JHCB)

unwiredadventures
Call Sign: KG6JVE

Post by unwiredadventures » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 pm

bruisedFJ wrote:We've got a lot more signed up for runs than for the pot-luck. Let's post up your pot-luck entries, even if it's just an Albertson's apple pie warmed via campfire. Mmm, that sounds good. And easy. :P
I can do a Dutch over dinner one night and dessert one night.

I'll also bring firewood and s'more supplies.
'97 Land Cruiser FZJ80

Trip Photos | Twitter

Return to “2009 OAUSA BorregoFest Event (Oct 23-25)”