My expedition rock crawler.

Share your outdoor adventure vehicle with us, give us all the details, show them off, share your mods, and tech information. This is where to put your build threads and upgrades.
Dub
Call Sign: KK6MBW

My expedition rock crawler.

Post by Dub » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey everybody. I'm a bit new so I thought I'd post a picture of my 1988 XJ Cherokee Pioneer. 4.5 inch RE lift. Bilstein shocks. AX15 5 speed manual transmission. Shifter mounted thumb throttle. Slip Yoke eliminator and custom drive shafts. Dana 30 out front and Dana 44 in the rear. 33 spline Alloy USA axle shafts. 4:88 gears with Detroit lockers front and rear. 33 x 10.50 x 15 BFG KM2 Mud Terrains mounted on black rock crawler rims. Olympic 4x4 top hat rack, Mountaineer Rack, Rock Rails, bumpers and tire carrier. Spidy Gear nets for the racks. Uniden SSB CB with Wilson antenna. Adding a 2 meter rig soon. Polk Audio Signature Reference sound system with 1,000 watts/channel. Mcintosh Control Center with Precision Power Amps. Ohio Generator 200 amp alternator.

It's tired with almost 260K on the odometer but it gets us out there and back. You'd be surprised how much gear and firewood I can carry with this rig.

Hope to see everybody at the Borrego Fest in October.

Dub
Attachments
unnamed[7].jpg
'88 XJ
unnamed[7].jpg (94.52 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: My expedition rock crawler.

Post by DaveK » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Dub

Nice Cherokee!! We're looking forward to seeing it, and you, at Borrego Fest.

BTW, you and Tom can swap stories on how much gear you can stuff in a Cherokee!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Hey, Dub, welcome aboard OAUSA !!!

Cherokees make awesome trail rigs, and you look like you've done a nice job of equipping yours :D

If you need help seeing hoe much stuff you can carry, just let me know - I'll give you some of my stuff to take :lol: :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

shakuji
Call Sign: KG7DXI

Post by shakuji » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Spot on. I just bought an 1998 XJ and will redo the entire rig to run 35s eventually athough we will start with 31s and a 4 inch lift.
You have a very nice looking XJ the All American SUV.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Return to “VEHICLES AND VEHICLE TECH”