I've gone crazy!!!

Share your outdoor adventure vehicle with us, give us all the details, show them off, share your mods, and tech information. This is where to put your build threads and upgrades.
socal_rubi

I've gone crazy!!!

Post by socal_rubi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

I went and ordered one of these last Monday...

It's the 2012, with the new penstar engine.
Should be here sometime around the end of March.
2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

BorregoWrangler

Re: I've gone crazy!!!

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Nice! Are you replacing your LJ or is this just an addition?
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm getting rid of the LJ.
2012 Jeep JKUR

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

ssc

Post by ssc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Nice. What was the deciding factor? The engine? 4 Doors? or what? What plans do you have for mods?

Cheers, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 am

Oh, where to begin...

There are several reasons why I decided to change. When I originally went shopping for a Jeep back in February of 2007, the JK Unlimited had just come out. I originally wanted to buy one, but there were no Rubicon models to be found at any of the dealers within 100 miles. I was told it would be 6 months to get delivery, even if I ordered one. So I settled for the TJ that I currently have. It was the last one on the lot, and they made me a killer deal on it.

Since then, I have grown to both love, and hate it. While it's dependable, and capable, both on and off road, it's a horrible vehicle to drive every day. It feels like I'm driving on 4 cement wheels. It has no power, 0-60 takes an agonizing 21 sec. Getting to anything in the back is a pain in the ass. When I roll down my driver window, my hair gets blasted by hurricane force winds, that leaves me with bad hair. The interior accoutrements are spartan, manual windows and locks, no phone connectivity, no USB port for my iPhone, no heated seats, etc. etc. I like having all of that stuff.

The previous JK's weren't any better in the power dept, they were worse with the minivan engine. The interiors were better, but there were still a lot of complaints from owners about the hard plastic feel.

Now comes the 2012 JK, with a new engine, transmission, and interior. One test drive was all it took.
2012 Jeep JKUR

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Congrats on the new JK !!! :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “VEHICLES AND VEHICLE TECH”