FS: Yaesu FT-897D Package

Post up your for sale or trade items here.
OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

FS: Yaesu FT-897D Package

Post by OLLIE » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:36 pm

I need some cash and want to sell my Yaesu FT-897D Packge. I have a mobile HF rig in my FJ so this thing just sets around not getting used. This is an excellent HF starter pckage with the ability to do 2M and 70 cm as well. From HRO you would pay nearly $1600.00 before taxes for all of this.

I am willing to part with the package for: $1100.00

Here's what the package includes...
DSCN7112.JPG
DSCN7112.JPG (225.61 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
NOTE: Prices in red are regular HRO prices.

Yaesu FT-897D Price: $859.95 w/Coupon
The FT-897D is a rugged, innovative, multiband, multimode portable transceiver for the amateur radio MF/HF/VHF/UHF bands. Providing coverage of the 160-10 meter bands plus the 6 m, 2 m, and 70 cm bands, the FT-897 includes operation on the SSB, CW, AM, FM, and Digital modes, and it's capable of 20-Watt portable operation using internal batteries, or up to 100 Watts when using an external 13.8-volt DC power source.

The FT-897 includes a wide array of analog and DSP filters to help you dig out those weak DX signals on a crowded band! One-touch activation of the DSP filters, plus a convenient “DSP” LED on the front panel, enhance the ease of using the DSP. DSP Bandpass Filters, Noise Reduction,a nd Auto-Notch Filter circuits are included. A wide array of features are tailored to the CW enthusiast operating from home or on an expedition!

Included are a CW Tuning indicator, CW Pitch control, Electronic Keyer with three memories and Weight Control, and selection of Full QSK or “Semi-break-in” operation.

For DX-pedition use, a unique “Beacon” mode allows you to send a repetitive message on, for example, six meters, to help others spot propagation to your location.

And if you’re looking to upgrade your license class, the CW Trainer feature will send five-character letters and/or numbers via the speaker, so you can practice CW reception when the bands are dead!

Battery-Powered Field Operation - FNB-78 Batteries (2 ea) Price: $239.90 ($119.95 / battery)
The bottom side of the FT-897 contains a “power source tray” which can accommodate up to two of the optional 13.2 Volt, 4500 mAh FNB-78 Ni-MH Battery Packs, for completely portable operation without any external power source. Maximum power output is 20 Watts (all bands) during battery operation, and with two FNB-78s you may expect up to eight hours of operating time (TX 5%, RX 5%, standby 90%). What’s more, you can charge one of the FNB-78 Battery Packs while operating the FT-897 off the other pack—ideal for situations where solar or other power sources are available.

CD-24 4hr Battery Charger for the FNB-78's Price: $121.95

Base Station Operation w/FP-30 Internal Power Supply Price: $219.95
The FT-897’s outstanding fundamental performance invites expansion into a full-featured base station. The optional FP-30 Internal Power Supply provides operation from AC sources. The power source tray of the FT-897 is designed to accommodate the optional FP-30 Internal Power Supply, allowing full-power operation from 100-120 V or 200-240 V AC power sources. The quiet switching-regulator design of the FP-30 is tolerant of AC input voltage variations, making it ideal for DX-pedition use!

Yaesu MD-100A8X Deck Mic Price: $129.95
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: FS: Yaesu FT-897D Package

Post by cruiserlarry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 am

Bump for a GREAT DEAL on a fantastic HF/VHF/UHF mobile/base station. ;)

The Yaesu FT-897D will not disappoint the aspiring rag-chewer... :mrgreen:

Good luck, Ollie...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:11 pm

SOLD!!!!! :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Chazz Layne
Call Sign: KF7FEN

Post by Chazz Layne » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 am

Ooph... I guess it isn't going to wait around until June for me. :lol:
Chazz Laynedotcom

Return to “OAUSA BARTERING FORUM”