CO2 tank options

Share your outdoor adventure vehicle with us, give us all the details, show them off, share your mods, and tech information. This is where to put your build threads and upgrades.
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: CO2 tank options

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:51 am

Crismateski wrote:Thanks for all the info, I am still unsure of what I will do, but I am leaning towards the powertank regulator kit and my own tank. I almost had a powertank set up off of craigslist, but it sold just before I could get there so I am keeping my eyes open on that route as well.

cruiserlarry, I looked at your site and did not see the regulator setup, only the complete kits, do you sell them?

Cris
We do sell them, just haven't had a chance to put everything they make up on the site yet. E-mail me and I'll get you a price for the regulator by itself.

The most popular kit for those using their own tanks is the PT regular kit:

PT regulator kit
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

ssc

Post by ssc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Here is an update. Via Larry's input and this post, yesterday I received a new powertank liquid filled gauge. This came via Larry/Dirty Parts and Powertank Customer Service. It was replaced via PT's cost. I must say the new gauge is much improved. It only took a minute to change and as soon as I connected the chuck it read correctly. I goofed around with the tire pressure and it was very accurate.

I must commend PT for their ability to be pro-active in considering this situation with CS as a priority. I am not saying they did the "right" thing, because I do not want anyone to think they did the "wrong thing." They did not have to do what they did. However, a company that is willing to re-evaluate their position based on customer service has my support and respect. I do appreciate Powertank's actions and the help of Larry/Dirty Parts. A big two thumbs up. :D

Cheers, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:33 am

Good news! A big thumbs up to Larry / DP customer service.

I have been looking at the PT regulator. I need to do something about mine. It freezes up after the 3rd tire or so and I have to turn off the valve at the tank to get it to stop flowing gas.

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Mine is broken..... :lol:

Seriously, good to hear!
Image_Image_Image

Return to “VEHICLES AND VEHICLE TECH”