A Visit Back Home, Fall Pictures

Pictures are worth a thousand words
dionysius

A Visit Back Home, Fall Pictures

Post by dionysius » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm

I went back to visit my parents and siblings in Connecticut. The fall colors were spectacular. We here in SoCal have our own type of fall colors but nothing beats the colors of New England when it comes to the Fall. Here are some pictures, hope they bring back some memories of colorful days.

This is where I was for the BorregoFest, sorry I missed that, I really wanted to go.

Denis
Enjoy every sandwich

raYGunn

Re: A Visit Back Home, Fall Pictures

Post by raYGunn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:12 pm

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! I have never been to to that part of the country besides a short visit to New Jersey, if that counts, but it's something I want to do.
97 LX450

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:23 pm

raYGunn wrote:Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! I have never been to to that part of the country besides a short visit to New Jersey, if that counts, but it's something I want to do.
Of course New Jersey counts! They don't call it the Garden State for nothing.

I've lived in CA for 31 years now, and still miss living somewhere with 4 distinct seasons. Fall was always my favorite.
Dave
N6DCF

big dave

Post by big dave » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:31 pm

Beautiful pictures! I agree nothing beats the northeast for fall colors. I was on Long Island for a month during October last year.
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

raYGunn

Post by raYGunn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:34 pm

Cnynrat wrote:
raYGunn wrote:Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! I have never been to to that part of the country besides a short visit to New Jersey, if that counts, but it's something I want to do.
Of course New Jersey counts! They don't call it the Garden State for nothing.

I've lived in CA for 31 years now, and still miss living somewhere with 4 distinct seasons. Fall was always my favorite.
I don't know how that region works, I know even though Florida and Texas are more South than the South they aren't part of it and any Texan will agree while Florida is still in denial. Maybe those Yanks have the same issues. :twisted:
97 LX450

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:50 pm

raYGunn wrote: I don't know how that region works, I know even though Florida and Texas are more South than the South they aren't part of it and any Texan will agree while Florida is still in denial. Maybe those Yanks have the same issues. :twisted:
So, strictly speaking, New England is Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. But any of those photos could easily have been taken in NJ (or PA or NY for that matter). You can find similar terrain, flora, fauna, and architecture in all those states.
Dave
N6DCF

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:57 pm

Wow, just spectacular. I grew up in New York, and the only time I miss being back there is when I see pics like yours... :)

And while BorregoFest was fantastic, I wouldn't feel so bad about missing it considering the views you had available... :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

big dave

Post by big dave » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:03 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:Wow, just spectacular. I grew up in New York, and the only time I miss being back there is when I see pics like yours... :)
Larry, are you familiar with Kings Park? :mrgreen:

Long Island on Halloween 2007.

'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm

I have relatives out on Long Island (Plainview), but I grew up in NYC...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

dionysius

Post by dionysius » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 pm

I think anywhere there is a lot of vegetation you'll get nice Fall colors. New York, New Jersey see the same in the Fall. It snowed on the way back from Mass. Tuesday night. I got a little of everything while I was there.

Here are some more pictures:

Denis

Denis
Enjoy every sandwich

Return to “PHOTOGRAPHY”