Hi from West Los Angeles

When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
leifbennett
Call Sign: KM6ZBZ

Hi from West Los Angeles

Post by leifbennett » Sun May 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi!

I'm Leif Bennett, KM6ZBZ, in western Los Angeles. Many years ago, I had a General class license (WB6GKQ), but can't find any documentation, so went and re-tested for the Technician license. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

My wife Maria and I have enjoyed camping for many years, and not long ago bought my wife's dream car, a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK, currently stock suspension and 31" tires. We've done a few rides with the San Diego Jeep Club, and a few more on our own, and enjoy it greatly. Last weekend we drove 2N02 to 2N01 and really want to get out more. We're more interested in being out away from the city than in technical rock crawling, although I'm looking forward to learning more and being able to go more places.

We look forward to meeting you all!

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: Hi from West Los Angeles

Post by DaveK » Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Hey Lief

Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA!!!

While we do have members who are dedicated rock crawlers (and I really enjoy reading their reports), we have many more who want the remote camping experience over 4WD trails, but without the necessity of "rock crawling." We have two "trip report" sections in our Forums that will give you a very good idea of our style of outdoor exploration. I can assure you that we get far, far away from civilization.

We encourage you to check out our forums to get a much better feel for our style of camping and outdoor exploration. Also, we invite you to join us at our Field Day event, more details here: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=4236 .
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Hi from West Los Angeles

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Welcome aboard, Leif !!!

We've got a great group of folks here at OAUSA, with a tremendous range of interests and expertise - and we look forward to you adding your input and adventures to our "roster".

For a fun camping trip, and a fantastic re-introduction to ham radio, join us for 2019 OAUSA Summer Fest and Field Day, June 21-23 in Los Padres Nat'l Forest. Details can be found on other threads on this forum (or use the link on the home page). We are always looking for additional operators, and if you enjoyed working HF before, you'll have a good time at the OAUSA Field Day - wine tasting, pot luck dinner, great conversations, and, of course, access to lots of amateur radio equipment live on the air !!!

Hope to meet you and your wife there :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN”